Ice Skating at Siskiyou Ice Rink
Mt. Shasta is delighted and proud to have our own ice rink. Siskiyou Ice Rink a special places for families, friends, school groups and visitors and one of the most popular places to be during the winter. The rink offers lessons, hockey lessons and local teams for kids and adults, special events, school days and options to host parties. With open skate sessions during the week and over the weekend, you’ll have ample opportunity to lace up some skates and enjoy the ice. The Ice Rink is located in Shastice Park, just on the edge of town. Check out the schedule for themed holiday skate parties, full moon skates and Cheap Skate Nights.
Things to know
- You can buy a “6 for the price of 5” punch pass, a day pass or a season pass
- The season generally runs from the weekend around Thanksgiving to the weekend around Presidents’ Day. It varies slightly each year, so check the website for the actual schedule.
- Siskiyou Ice Rink does have some snacks and beverages for sale. If you’re planning to stay for awhile, considering bringing some additional treats.
- If you’re planning to watch, instead of skate, the seating is outdoors and can be chilly. Bring a mat for the benches and dress warmly.
- The only skate rentals in town are at the Rink. The Fifth Season does not have rental skates.
- Located in Shastice Park, you’ll find restrooms nearby and a firepit at the Rink. The skate park and bike skills park are on the other side of the parking lot, in case you’d like a multi-sport day.
If you need to learn
- Siskiyou Ice Rink offers are variety of lessons throughout the season. Check out their website for details.