Most of us are not average. Sorry, but it’s true. The average is just a statistical value that rarely exists. Similarly, the “ideal last” used by most manufacturers is an average that works ok for most feet during “average use”. Chances are your use is not average. When you put that demand of carrying a pack, extended climbing, temperature extremes on top of your individual foot shape, most of use greatly benefit from The Fifth Season’s added attention to boot fitting. We buy our boots by priorities such as materials, construction, shape and volume. Color, price, fashion and fads just don’t even make the list. We carry a huge selection of boots to accommodate all sizes, shapes and demands. We provide fit aids and services from the simplest inserts to custom, insulated footbeds for extremes in foot shape and climates. Your boots are the single most important part of your equipment. Let us make sure you don’t have to worry about feet being comfortable, warm, and supported.
- SPOT SPECIFIC BOOT STRETCH$15/BootAn excellent way to stretch out a specific problem area on a boot. Please allow us 3+ hours to complete the process.
- SPOT SPECIFIC SHELL PUNCH$15/ShellWe can punch or grind ski boot shells to increase volume in a problem area. Please allow us to have the shells for 3+ hours as the heating and cooling process takes time.
- ALPINE SKI BOOT HEAT MOLD$60We focus on making your boots fit better. We spend the time to locate problem areas and heat mold your liner to custom fit your own unique feet. Please call to schedule an appointment so that we can make sure you get our full attention. The process takes approximately 1 hour.
- HIGH TEMP LINER HEAT MOLD$100Some ski boots have highly mold-able liners that require higher temperatures to mold. These liners can give you an incredible fit. Many randonee or tele boots require high temperature fits. We take our time to get it right so the fitting and mold can take approximately 1 1/2 hours. Please call to make an appointment
- BASIC ARCH SUPPORT$40For most people we recommend using a footbed with arch support. We love DownUnder footbeds because of their deep heel pocket and firm arch support. These footbeds tend to reduce heel slip, decrease minor pronation or suppination, and support your foot structure.